NEEDED! Interior light near the rear view mirror

Advertise granvia or granvia parts for sell or to buy. Please note that this is provided as a free service. We do not screen or vet sellers or buyers in any way. We make no warranties about either buyer or seller. Any business you conduct on this site is done at your own risk.
FINGranvia

NEEDED! Interior light near the rear view mirror

Postby FINGranvia » 02 Apr 2013, 18:39

I'm after a working interior light to a -96 Granvia that is near the rear view mirror. Mine used to flicker and then turn off completly, the wire is bad and now won't work at all.

cosmicma

Re: NEEDED! Interior light near the rear view mirror

Postby cosmicma » 03 Apr 2013, 00:08

if you look at the fitment you should see a brown wire ( i think it's brown ) riveted somewhere near the center give it a wiggle and see if the light comes back on

my memories terrible but i had the same problem and found it to be that wire

once youv'e taken the clear lens/defuser off so you can see the bulb you should be able to see the wire i'm talking about it's riveted to the plastic housing
i think i ended up applying a little solder to cure mine but because of the age you have to be careful not to melt the plastic

FINGranvia

Postby FINGranvia » 04 Apr 2013, 14:21

cosmicma wrote:i think i ended up applying a little solder to cure mine but because of the age you have to be careful not to melt the plastic

This is unfortunately what I've done.. the plastic melted a bit and I guess the wire went into a position where it didn't work in the first place and now the melted plastic keeps it in place :roll: there was indeed a position where you could move it and it worked fine, I thought I would solder it so it has better connection. :lol:

cosmicma

Postby cosmicma » 04 Apr 2013, 17:15

FINGranvia wrote:
cosmicma wrote:i think i ended up applying a little solder to cure mine but because of the age you have to be careful not to melt the plastic

This is unfortunately what I've done.. the plastic melted a bit and I guess the wire went into a position where it didn't work in the first place and now the melted plastic keeps it in place :roll: there was indeed a position where you could move it and it worked fine, I thought I would solder it so it has better connection. :lol:

ahh ok :)

thought i might be able to save you a bob or 2

FINGranvia

Postby FINGranvia » 05 Apr 2013, 22:00

cosmicma wrote:
FINGranvia wrote:

ahh ok :)

thought i might be able to save you a bob or 2

I'm going to try soldering it again. Do it properly this time. I'm still interested in one if anyone has it.

Wellhousehudds

Postby Wellhousehudds » 11 Jul 2013, 10:47

give us a call at Wellhouse leisure on 01484 601124 we should have one out the back

FINGranvia

Postby FINGranvia » 13 Jul 2013, 10:42

If we could deal with email it would be a bit easier since I live in Finland, just hit me with info on morsereg666 at hotmail.com or send a message in here and I can send you the payment and address details. Thanks.

FINGranvia

Postby FINGranvia » 19 Sep 2013, 18:47

Well I still would need one..

Return to “buy and sell”