Workshop manual

Mickyjoe

Workshop manual

Postby Mickyjoe » 25 Aug 2013, 21:25

Can anyone let me know if there is a manual available please

granviadad

Re: Workshop manual

Postby granviadad » 29 Jan 2015, 16:47

I am looking for one..... has anyone had any success ?

Mickyjoe

Postby Mickyjoe » 29 Jan 2015, 18:38

The only book I got was a manual about the van like you would get when you purchased the car no real helpful service instructions but handy to show where everything is. Hope this helps got it on EBay

granviadad

Postby granviadad » 30 Jan 2015, 16:19

I have now found service specifications for my 1998 petrol 2.7 and a repair manual from Oz for a Hiace SBV (RCH12,18,22,28) which is I believe the same as the Granvia. Happy to share what I have if you want to contact me.

Richard

Postby Richard » 30 Jan 2015, 18:21

I understand that the Australian Hiace SBV (short-bonnet van) is the equivalent of the UK's Hiace van (1995-2001). Although it shares the same body shell (without the rear windows) and much of the same suspension, it doesn't use the same engines or gearbox. If you have an electronic copy of the RCH12 repair/service manual you're prepared to share, let me know and we'll upload it for other forum members.

This may not be of interest to you as a petrol-engined Granvia owner, but the detailed manual for the 1KZTE 3.0litre diesel engine is available for download from the forum by following the link in the Announcements in the 'How do I' section or download direct from here:
www.toyota-granvia.co.uk/granvia.engine.manual.pdf

Richard

granviadad

Postby granviadad » 02 Feb 2015, 11:08

Hi Richard,
Ahhh... my chassis number starts with RCH11. The documents I have are for RCH12. Sorry to hear that you have info that the engine and gearbox are not the same. Can you give me any more info on this?
I am happy to share but the document I received from the Oz site
https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/158345650-toyota-hiace-1995-2004-model-repair-manual
It was a huge file 300+ Mb. Can you tell me how that might be shared. Additionally it was difficult to unzip and get the files to read properly in any coherent manner.
I do have the simple (diagrammatic) 2 page service information for the RCH12 which would be of value for some but would you again advise me how best this might be shared?
Thanks
Paul

Richard

Postby Richard » 02 Feb 2015, 13:00

Paul,

Your vehicle: First thing to do is to get the full Frame Number from the plate above the engine compartment - that's the code that you can use to confirm exactly what model you have (though not what optional extras your particular Granvia has been fitted with). If you have a 1998 2.7petrol Granvia then it will probably be a RCH11W-something.

If you look at this website, it'll show you the specifications of what models were produced and when (the RCH11 appears to have been discontinued sometime in 1998 but is listed in the 1997 range): http://specs.amayama.com/toyota/granvia/

Armed with your Frame Number, you can identify exactly what model you have (model, grade, engine, seats, date manufactured, etc) at this website:
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q.html
You can also access the parts list for your Granvia via the ToyoDIY web-site, but you'll have to register (free).

RCH12 - the Hiace van and derivatives: I stand corrected - the 2.7litre petrol engine was available for the Hiace van and should be included in the RCH12 Repair Manual but, as far as I can tell, the Granvia's 3.4litre petrol, 3litre diesel engine or the automatic gearbox were never an option. Fortunately, the automatic gearbox has proved to be very reliable; there are no user service operations other than to check the fluid level and the condition of the fluid (see postings on "ATF" elsewhere on the forum).

To make files available, create a reply posting - you should see a tab for "Upload attachment" next to "Options" near the bottom of the screen; click the tab, select the file you want to upload from your computer and click on "Add the file" - the file will be sent to the forum system after you submit your posting. We can create a link afterwards to the RCH12 manual from the Announcements section for other members to find easily.

Richard

granviadad

Postby granviadad » 02 Feb 2015, 17:44

This attachment is a two page diagrammatic service spec for a RCH12 Granvia (Australian Hiace SBV - short Bonnet Van) 2.7 petrol 2RZ-E engine dated 1997. Hope it is of use to someone.
If anyone can confirm all the specs apply to a 1998 RCH11 Japanese Granvia that would be most helpful.
Attachments
hiace_gasoline service info.pdf
This is for a Granvia RCH12 2.7 2RZ-Epetrol
(120.89 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

Return to “suggestions”