Thought I would share my latest upgrade with you all.
We love our 'Granny' its such an underestimated vehicle. We use it for everyday use as a second vehicle but especially for short camping stays. Up till now we have used a Driveaway Awning which attaches to the side by throw over straps. Its a Outdoor Revolution Movelite XL Classic. Its a bit of a faff getting the straps sorted so I thought I would look into attaching an awning rail to the side of the truck. Trouble is there is no space as the top of the sliding door goes right to the top of the roof.
So I went to JAS conversions in Weston Super Mare and it would seem that the black strip that covers the roof bar attachments is quite firmly attached to the truck. So I had a 'J' Rail fitted to this. It was bonded and secured with some self tappers. This seems to be very firmly attached so although not tested yet I can now attach my Awning with Figure of 8 strips and much less fuss and effort.
Have attached some photos for you showing the awning as was with straps and now the 'J' Rail fitted.
Hope some of you find it useful.
- 2014-12-31 11.23.37.jpg (185.02 KiB) Viewed 3094 times
- New 'J' Rail
- 2014-12-31 11.22.45.jpg (170.59 KiB) Viewed 3094 times
- Awning with Throw over straps
- 2014-09-02 15.41.44.jpg (244.11 KiB) Viewed 3094 times
- 2014-12-31 11.24.29.jpg (110.11 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
- 2014-12-31 11.24.10.jpg (103.8 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest