Selling my camper.

Comments and questions about commercial and self-built conversions, awnings and the Granvia as a motorcaravan
Joyce
Location: East Yorkshire when home, anywhere in Uk when working.

Selling my camper.

Postby Joyce » 03 May 2015, 21:12

Hello all.

This is not an advert for my van, more a request for selling info, hence my not posting in the camper board.

I'm reluctantly selling the van as due to pressures of work, (I'm a long-distance lorry driver, away from home for up to three weeks at a time), and changes in life, she simply doesn't get used, which is a real shame. She's a great ride and looks good as well, but as she's my first Granvia, I have no idea how to go about selling her, how much she's worth, where to advertise, etc, etc.

I bought her just over 3 years ago, just after she was converted to a camper. She's a '96 model, 2.7 petrol, pearl and white with all the spoilers, and is in excellent fettle. The conversion is 2 + 2 berth with raising roof, and me and OH have spent just 2 nights away in her.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be mighty grateful. (I haven't posted in the buy/sell or camper boards because none of the ads on there seem to have attracted much interest).

Thanks in advance.

Martyn.
1996 Granvia, 2wd, 2.7 petrol. Pearl and white, campervan conversion.

Mort

Re: Selling my camper.

Postby Mort » 06 May 2015, 16:32

Well it's a good time of year to be selling - so you should be able to shift it fairly easily.

Unfortunately I think you will have to go down the Ebay route, otherwise you're unlikely to reach a wide enough audience.

I would put a 'classified' ad on Ebay (one-off fee, no selling fees). I would also be tempted to put 'like Mazda Bongo' in the title so people searching for the Granvia's trendy cousin will also see your van - particularly as your van has a similar roof. This was how I stumbled upon the Granvia - I was looking for a Bongo and hadn't heard of the Granvia. Very glad I bought one instead of a Bongo!

Price-wise I would guess that you're looking at £7-8k?

granviadad

Re: Selling my camper.

Postby granviadad » 01 Jun 2015, 18:40

Hi
I found my Granvia through Gumtree and I have seen them on Preloved too. I have also seen them in Autotrader.
I assume you have looked through the back history of the Forum's Buy and Sell section to guage where to pitch your price.
I paid £12,500 for my '98 2.7 petrol converted van with 65k on the clock. It did come with over 1k worth of accessories though. The previous owner bought it for £16.5k from Poplar Motors chesterfield a year before so I thought I got a good deal.
Good luck with sale. Let us know how you got on

Return to “campervans and conversions”