granvia or regius

Comments and questions about commercial and self-built conversions, awnings and the Granvia as a motorcaravan
harryh38

granvia or regius

Postby harryh38 » 21 May 2015, 14:44

whats the main difference between these?
I have tried to register on the regius site but I cant get in. It tell me that Iv answered the Question wrong.
the regius is a Hiace spin off or not?

Richard

Re: granvia or regius

Postby Richard » 22 May 2015, 13:47

The Granvia & Regius can seem very similar, sharing the same engines, transmission, suspension etc, but not the body shell.

Think of the Regius as a narrower but slightly longer version of the Granvia. (Now, does that give you a clue as to how to answer the question?)

harryh38

Postby harryh38 » 18 Jun 2015, 12:24

HI
I must be getting old as I still have not a clue as to the answer to the question on the Regius forum register.
That aside I have nearly finished my camper conversion. went fine but more to it than at first thought. The little things take up so much time/ the electric curtains, the seat runner remove or stay, design thinking of getting the best of a small space eats up the day.
My current question is on split charge relay, having fit a TEC3M voltage sensing relay with led voltage display to both batteries that show 12.5v about to both with the engine stopped and 13.5 - 14.2v to the starter bat. and 12.5v to the leisure bat. with the engine on. The starter bat. is charging but not the leisure. As I have done only short drives since fitting the Tec3m relay I wonder if its voltage sensing is giving priority to the starter bat. and it will eventually charge the other when the first is fully charged. Question does the TEC3m work that way, or is it a fault in relay or circuit ?
Is there any way to check the Tec3m?

grandad

Postby grandad » 22 Jun 2015, 03:45

Sounds like you have a lot of fun.
As for charging chassis batteries and House one, what I did in my motorhome was just connecting the two banks with a 12ga. wire, a 20 amp fuse and a few banana clips.
Once I parked the unit, disconnected the wire. Maybe a bit more work, but its simple.

harryh38

Postby harryh38 » 24 Jun 2015, 20:18

Tec3m relay faulty, the seller sent me a replacement even though it could have been my wrong wiring,
excellent of them as ebay suppliers.
But Im still having a problem as the 29 amp fuse blows on start up. How can this happen? the starter drawing current from the leisure bat. but I thought the relay isolated it??? look like iv done in this relay////I could do as above or use a switch but it become a challange.
does any body know where the alternator light feed could be tapped to supply a traditional split relay?
Or is this not an option with these engines?

Return to “campervans and conversions”