split charge relay connection

Comments and questions about commercial and self-built conversions, awnings and the Granvia as a motorcaravan
harryh38

split charge relay connection

Postby harryh38 » 21 Jun 2015, 20:41

where or which wire of the alternator of the KD_TE engine can I connect to for a simple split charge relay?
Harry

harryh38

Re: split charge relay connection

Postby harryh38 » 07 Jul 2015, 12:39

hi again
could not find the altinator con.
Fit a voltage sensing relay TEC3m, first one that I wired I as instruction plus a 20 amp fues blow the fuse on start up, spoke to supplier who replaced the relay free of charge :D and it did the same (checked wiring twice)
Has I was only looking for leisure battery charge I reconnected the 12v that runs the relay to the radio 12v and surprise it work 13 to 14.5v varing to the both batteries when running.
The mistery is why. I still wonder if the relay will do its job of starter battery protection from discharge.
Any electrical Geeks out there that know the relay tec3m.
My next query is front sensors, anybody fit these and is a manual switch necessary?
I took another 12v from that radio con. but the sensors still displayed and "SOUNDED" loud after the ign. key was out. Now put a switch in and Ok
Car electrics :evil: and these may be pre "cambus" or what ever on my latter cars

Return to “campervans and conversions”