granvia dimensions for camper convert planning

Comments and questions about commercial and self-built conversions, awnings and the Granvia as a motorcaravan
iancrossley

granvia dimensions for camper convert planning

Postby iancrossley » 06 Jun 2017, 07:59

Hi,
just joined this forum from Australia and about to buy a Granvia [maybe Regius] to use as a camper.
Hope i can repay any info received here by posting my progress.

to assist design hoping can get dimensions for the following:
[assume 2890 internal length x 1635 width x 1365 height] this is in millimetres, hope this is ok.

need
opening width of the rear door at the floor
width between wheel arches
length from inside the closed rear door to the open side door
length from rear door to driver seat in max pushed back position.

Any help gratefully received
Ian

Richard

Re: granvia dimensions for camper convert planning

Postby Richard » 10 Jun 2017, 12:46

Ian, welcome to the forum!

Where did you get your assumed internal dimensions? My Granvia has a maximum internal height (from carpet to roof lining) of 1320mm and it's less at the ends; internal floor width is only 1500mm between the internal plastic panels. Do your dimensions relate to a stripped-out Granvia measuring from the bare metal?

Here are my Granvia's dimensions (with the carpet, internal panels & linings in place):

width of rear door opening at floor level: 1250mm
width between wheel arches (carpet covered): 1210mm
length from inside closed rear door to rear edge of side-door opening at floor level: 1350mm
length from inside closed rear door to back of front seat: 2270mm (Note the front seats slope back and the rear door slopes inwards, so this dimension is longer at the floor (c2500mm) and shorter at roof level, the quoted length was measured at the level of the bottom edge of the rear door's window.

The Regius shares the same engines, transmission and suspension but has a different body shell - it's slightly longer but narrower.

Richard

iancrossley

Re: granvia dimensions for camper convert planning

Postby iancrossley » 11 Jun 2017, 01:36

richard, you are a legend, thanks indeed.

I got those dimensions from several Japanese websites who [claim] to list out the official specs.
must say i always doubted their accuracy. [example tradecarview and goo-net]
With your dimensions, I can at least plan out a design whilst I patiently await the right vehicle to come up at auction.

Not sure if it is allowable, but
i am looking at products from the below site:
www.drifta.com.au

regards,
Croz

Return to “campervans and conversions”