What are the tiny bolts on my alloy wheels made of ?

Comments and questions about commercial and self-built conversions, awnings and the Granvia as a motorcaravan
Victim1956

What are the tiny bolts on my alloy wheels made of ?

Postby Victim1956 » 25 Aug 2017, 13:18

I have a converted '95 Granvia which what I believe to be the original wheels which need a refurb. I spoke to a wheel refurbisher today and he suggested that the small bolts between the outer and inner rim (must be about 40 of them per wheel) could even be plastic so if they go in the powder coating oven they will melt....Don't want to try deforming one if someone knows the answer...

I have read most of the the replacement alloy posts & it seems difficult to find a suitable replacement for a good price. Found £600 for new ones = way too much, & seems devils own job to get everything right to be sure it will fit properly. Would be grateful if anyone happened to have a used set they don't need though!

Does anyone know if these little bolts are made of? Thanks for reading....

Victim1956

Re: What are the tiny bolts on my alloy wheels made of ?

Postby Victim1956 » 28 Aug 2017, 22:06

I didn't want to deform one by damage test but I am now convinced they are alloy. The powder coating guy thought they might be fake plastic push in bolts as he has come across these...

Return to “campervans and conversions”