Granvia electric seat issue

About the Granvia or about whatever....
doggie8

Granvia electric seat issue

Postby doggie8 » 23 May 2014, 19:06

I have seen a post on here from way back regarding the drivers electric seat, but there seems to have been no solution found. When the seats forward and back switch is pressed the seat twists because one of the rods that moves the seat forward and back does not move. I know you can manually move the static one but I need to know firstly where is the fuse for the electric seat situated ?, there is no mention of it in the manual. Secondly are the two rods that move the seat forwards and backwards running on one or two motors? and finally could the problem be a wiring issue and not the motor? Any input would be much appreciated.
Dave ;)

Cookie

Re: Granvia electric seat issue

Postby Cookie » 26 May 2014, 21:02

As far as I could see only one motor on the door side of the seat connected across towards the passenger seat with another rod, mine stopped working so I did investigate but to no avail, did try and tighten the joints up but would think a cog has sheared inside of the small gearbox one day will strip and look unless someone else goes first :)

doggie8

Postby doggie8 » 27 May 2014, 10:56

Thanks for the reply Cookie, looks like I might have to do the same, strip it down or find someone that knows how the mechanism works.

paddymcc

Postby paddymcc » 24 Jul 2014, 23:51

We had a similar problem with our Granvia. Wellhouse showed me the wormscrew that wears out and causes this- its made of plastic and not very strong - it can shear if it encounters any resistance. I think there is one on each side of the chair. They said they could replace it with an new one but it would be a lot of money (£150 ?). They did try fitting a second hand one but that failed. Surprisingly both me and my partner find the position ok for driving despite being very different heights- we just have to vary the steering wheel height.
Paddy

Cookie

Postby Cookie » 22 Oct 2014, 18:01

Well gave up trying to sort mine so managed to get hold of a manual drivers seat and replaced it with that much better :D jobs a good un

Cookie

Postby Cookie » 26 Oct 2014, 16:35

Stripped down the electric seat today just so I could find the offending problem :o just a small cog on the left hand of the drivers seat in the diff, little plastic cog picture later of it :D

http://s127.photobucket.com/user/TRACER_010/media/20141026_152553.jpg.html]Image

Icemanjacks

Postby Icemanjacks » 07 Feb 2016, 23:00

Hi, I have the same fault on my Granvia. Can you please tell me how you sourced a replacement part as all I can find in looking at parts is the entire motor mechanism for £150+ and that seems a bit excess when all that is worn is the plastic bevel!
Many thanks, Paul

Cookie

Postby Cookie » 08 Feb 2016, 10:18

I gave up looking for new part so just got hold of a manual seat 4 bolts job done £50.00 of the bay easy :D

DavidC

Postby DavidC » 30 Apr 2018, 16:16

Hi, I have managed to get a little plastic gear from the US. Now I need to get the mechanism apart. Has anyone any clues. Obviously getting the seat out is easy. But it is what do I do then as the whole thing appears very complex.

Return to “general chit chat”