Making space by removing seats

About the Granvia or about whatever....
fh1

Making space by removing seats

Postby fh1 » 07 Mar 2016, 19:29

If I remove the middle seats in my granvia, will this enable the rear seat be pushed behind the front seats giving me lots more space in the back

Richard

Re: Making space by removing seats

Postby Richard » 08 Mar 2016, 10:39

Simple answer: Yes!

Slightly longer answer: Yes, but you may need to remove the middle-row's sliding runners in the floor track to allow the rear seat to slide really close to the front seats. You'd probably want to remove the runners anyway if you were planning to make the set-up permanent because leaving the runners in place would be a trip hazard for any rear passengers (and you can remove the the two shorter track lengths to save weight). There are several threads on the forum on how to remove seats and tracks, for example: http://www.toyota-granvia.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27.

fh1

Postby fh1 » 08 Mar 2016, 14:39

Thanks Richard
That is exactly what I need to Know. If I can gat away without removing the runners I will probably make a false floor just to cover them, as I don't really know yet if I want it to be permanent. At least this way I will still have a 5 seater,

Cheers Frank

Richard

Postby Richard » 08 Mar 2016, 15:51

Frank,

Yes, you could make a false floor, but the runners are tall - at least 100mm, so your rear-seat passengers will have a high floor-level relative to the seat.

But there's no reason why removing the runners (and track) needs to be permanent - replacement is just the reverse of the removal process.

Richard

shiney

Postby shiney » 08 Mar 2016, 21:35

Chaps

Slightly off topic... but I've been wondering has anybody ever thought of replaceing the rear bench seat with fold-up style seats like in the Lucida or Alphard

seats.jpg
seats.jpg (58.62 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
Regards

Martyn
1997 Granvia 3l Q-Spec 'ShineyBus'

Return to “general chit chat”