Wallowing on corners

About the Granvia or about whatever....
Hario

Wallowing on corners

Postby Hario » 20 Jan 2018, 12:10

I was hoping for a bit of input from some of you guys with a few more granvia miles under your belts...

My 2wd '96 diesel feels really wallowy on corners, around roundabouts etc. the lean is quite noticeable and makes the van feel a bit unstable. I thought perhaps i had an issue with the anti roll bushes or something?

Do you guys feel your vans lean much, is it just a quirk of the high seating etc.?

In its last MOT the only advisory was upper front ball joints, but reading this forum it seems common for testers to incorrectly assume the ball joints are bad because of an unusual torsion bar arrangement, so im not sure what to make of that. The lean has been there since the MOT (which is when i bought the van) and nothing else was mentioned on it.

PUSHKIN

Re: Wallowing on corners

Postby PUSHKIN » 21 Jan 2018, 08:23

There’s a post on here where someone’s fitted VW shock absorbers all round and that’s helped a lot with the ride/cornering :-)
Tony - 1999 3.4 V6 4wd Auto Camper located in Chorley Lancashire.

V6vanman

Postby V6vanman » 22 Jan 2018, 13:21

I replaced the old rear shoick absorbers (originals) with new Toyota ones and use light van tyres - Hankook Vantra. Improved handling and reduced body roll on corners.
2000 3.4 V6 Granvia - camper conversion

Hario

Postby Hario » 22 Jan 2018, 20:06

Sounds like i should suspect the shocks then!

thanks for your thoughts guys, i really hope i can get it handling better

Return to “general chit chat”