Please help, won't rev in drive or reverse

Mechanical questions about the Toyota Granvia
Nannaethel

Please help, won't rev in drive or reverse

Postby Nannaethel » 20 Sep 2017, 10:06

Hi, I hope it's ok to post here, the regius forum appears to have closed down and I really need help!
I have an r reg toyota regius that had been absolutely perfect until recently. It's an automatic and basically when I start it it will rev in neutral but as soon as it goes in drive/reverse there's no revs at all, I can have my foot flat on the accelerator and the rev counter doesn't move past 0 for around a minute or so and then it eventually starts to rev and then drives. It happens everytime I start it cold and sometimes I can have popped into the shop for a minute, come back out and even tho engine is warm it won't rev for a little while and then it's fine again. I've had it to the garage and they've basically said they don't know what it is. It did it a few months ago to a lesser extent in that it was super slow to pull away for the first minute of driving but it seemed to sort out until the problem has came back even worse. I've got 5 kids and really struggling to get about without my trusty bus! Has anyone got any idea what the problem could be?
Thanks, Liz

Richard

Re: Please help, won't rev in drive or reverse

Postby Richard » 20 Sep 2017, 11:17

Welcome to the forum Liz - I hope someone can help you.

What model of Regius do you have?

The Regius shares many of the components with the Granvia including engines, transmission, suspension, electrics, etc. If yours is the 3litre diesel, then it sounds to me like a problem with the ECU (engine control unit), but I've no experience in this field so I'm only guessing!

Richard

Nannaethel

Re: Please help, won't rev in drive or reverse

Postby Nannaethel » 20 Sep 2017, 11:53

Hi Richard, thanks for your reply. It's a 3l turbo diesel.

Return to “how do i”