Anyone have a workshop manual in Japanese?

Mechanical questions about the Toyota Granvia
Hario

Anyone have a workshop manual in Japanese?

Postby Hario » 27 Oct 2017, 20:49

I gather from what ive read on the forums since buying my Granvia recently there is no translated workshop manual for our vans, although i do have the 1kz-te engine manual now which is great

But, as luck would have it my wife is Japanese and translates Japanese to English for a living, so i was wondering if anyone has a pdf of the Japanese workshop manual? i may just be able to sweet talk and back rub my way to a translated copy!

If not i will pick one up while im over there visiting family next, but would be good to start on it asap

Thanks,

Hario

PUSHKIN

Re: Anyone have a workshop manual in Japanese?

Postby PUSHKIN » 27 Oct 2017, 21:50

The only thing I’ve seen for sale was a parts catalogue (in Japanese) would be of some use to to us but obviously a translated workshop manual would be beneficial to all of us !
Tony - 1999 3.4 V6 4wd Auto Camper located in Chorley Lancashire.

V6vanman

Postby V6vanman » 28 Oct 2017, 12:47

I have workshop manual for 3.4 V6 engine - 5VZ-FE
2000 3.4 V6 Granvia - camper conversion

V6vanman

Postby V6vanman » 28 Oct 2017, 12:48

Also have Japanese owners manual.

PUSHKIN

Postby PUSHKIN » 28 Oct 2017, 23:02

V6vanman, would you sell copies of the workshop manual ?
Regards
Tony

Hario

Postby Hario » 29 Oct 2017, 11:08

Are they both in Japanese?

At the risk of sounding selfish, im driving the diesel so im more interested in getting the manual for the rest of the van as translating the whole thing is likely to take her a fair bit of time, so a free translation is a big ask even from her husband.

Having said that I can ask the missus to look at small bits if you have anything your particularly stuck on, and have the original document

she is employed as a freelancer through an agency in Japan and usually paid a certain amount per word, something like 4p i think. She may be willing to translate anything if paid her standard rate, which is likely to be far lower than the cost of going through a company. Emphasis on the "may" though, as i haven't actually asked her :lol:

Richard

Postby Richard » 29 Oct 2017, 12:06

An outfit in New Zealand, JPNZ, made a business out of translating manuals for Japanese cars into english. The english version of the owners handbook for the Granvia is available from resellers on Ebay at around £24. JPNZ had a web-page asking for expressions of interest in a translation of the workshop manual - if I recall correctly it had gathered over a hundred requests in about five years before JPNZ seemed to go out of business about five years ago. However, there's a new web-site at https://jpnz.co.nz (now owned by Kaitlyn Investments in Auckland) but no sign of the workshop manual, only the owners handbook.

I'd be interested in an english version of the wiring diagram for the Q-spec diesel Granvia (KCH10W-GFSQT) - obviously mostly just a diagram with only the component key needing to be translated.

Perhaps worth making contact with JPNZ to do some sort of deal?

V6vanman

Postby V6vanman » 29 Oct 2017, 16:21

The workshop manual for the 3.4 V6 engine - 5VZ-FE is in English and in pdf format so I can send it to you.

The owners manual is in Japanese.

Hario

Postby Hario » 29 Oct 2017, 19:41

Do you have the diagram in Japanese Richard?

Thanks for the offer of the V6 manual, mines a diesel but im sure its worth adding as a sticky alongside the diesel one

The owners handbook i'll leave since an english copy exists, ive seen the JPNZ one for sale but don't really want to pay for what im guessing is pretty basic info?

The Japanese workshop manual seems pretty common on the jap equivalents to eBay if you search in the lingo, so im sure i will be able to get a hard copy when im over in Japan next, probably early 2018, i just thought someone may have a dusty pdf of it kicking about to get the ball rolling a few months earlier

PUSHKIN

Postby PUSHKIN » 29 Oct 2017, 22:22

A copy of the engine manual (pdf) would be much appreciated, what do you need from me ?

Return to “how do i”