Warning lights

Mechanical questions about the Toyota Granvia
6259mike

Warning lights

Postby 6259mike » 12 Dec 2009, 10:46

Recently I experienced 4 warning lights illuminating together, battery, oil, fuel filter and timing belt. The book says that the latter 3 can light up when there is a problem with charging the battery, and they are not necessarily indicating 4 individual problems.
I found that my altenator belts were loose, so I changed them.
I am getting a satisfactory charge to the battery as a result, but the 4 warning lights are still lit up, when driving.
I was told by a Toyota dealership, parts department worker, that there is a "switch on the back of the instrument panel, that will extinguish the lights, by resetting them.
I can't find it.
Help.

cosmicma

Re: Warning lights

Postby cosmicma » 12 Dec 2009, 13:38

not seen this on a granvia but seen the same thing on a toyota lucida
if the belt was a little loose it gave the same symptom but i was not convinced that just tightening the belt up a little untill the lights went out was the real answer
if you tighten the belt up too much it will put too much strain on the alternator bairings causing it to prematurly fail anyway somwhere down the line
i think it's an earthing problem make sure the bolts that hold the alternator in place are nice n tight including the bolt that locks the adjustment bar )

plom44

belts

Postby plom44 » 20 Mar 2018, 19:57

Hi does anyone know the size of the drive belt on the air con compressor, 3.4 grand hi ace.

Thanks plom

Return to “how do i”