Alloy Wheels

Questions about insurance, paper work, how to import and that type of thing
MrDillon

Re: Alloy Wheels

Postby MrDillon » 18 Apr 2013, 22:43

As has already been said - in most cases going to bigger wheels is accompanied by a lower aspect ratio (improves handling at the expense of soft ride) on the tyre which will give a similar rolling circumference to the smaller wheels with taller profile tyres

Aside from the speedo issue - I think if you didn't drop down on the profile you would run into tyres fouling bodywork problems as well - Mind you raising the gearing by going bigger on the wheels AND tyres would help the fuel consumption!

I have 16" wheels with 225/60 tyres and my speedo is also pretty much spot on (better than my other vehicles with stock wheels and tyres) at all speeds Vs GPS

MrD

briankeighley

Postby briankeighley » 13 May 2013, 17:53

My insurance is coming due so took the opportunity to check with Insurance Choice - as the alloys were on the vehicle at importation they confirmed it was NOT classed as a modification.
1996 2.7L Hi Top Camper
Poplar Motors

briankeighley

Postby briankeighley » 22 Aug 2013, 22:29

Just got round to replying after renewing with Insurance Choice - I specifically asked them about alloys that were fitted when the vehicle was imported - they came back with a 'no problem' response. .... Hope this helps
1996 2.7L Hi Top Camper
Poplar Motors

Return to “insurance, paper work and importing”