Page 1 of 1

Gas certificate for insurance?

Posted: 16 Feb 2015, 23:02
by Rgd
Hi - just heard from an insurance company asking for a gas certificate before able to quote. I have had Granvia for 3 years and conversion was by direct campers in Kilmarnock and can't remember them giving us a certificate or telling us to get a gas certificate - do we need a yearly gas certificate? Is it just for own conversions? Any advice appreciated.

Re: Gas certificate for insurance?

Posted: 18 Feb 2015, 00:06
by V6vanman
Hi, I'm insured with Safeguard on a Motorhome policy and have never been asked for a gas certificate. Camping and caravan Club insurance didn't ask for a certificat either.
Maybe try these. Good luck.

Re: Gas certificate for insurance?

Posted: 24 Jan 2018, 15:49
by Robst
If you need a gas certificate for insurance, go on to the Gas Safe website and look for a local engineer, who has the LPG
certification for testing and inspection. A lot of them only have Natural Gas certification.
I'm a retired Gas Safe engineer and I would advise everyone to have their system inspected and tested. Keep a few bottle connector washers spare too!