Heater control illumination

Mechanical questions about the Toyota Granvia
Acehi41

Heater control illumination

Postby Acehi41 » 17 Jun 2017, 16:18

Night time illumination on the heater control is no longer working that includes the hazard switch, ECT switch and clock, I have checked all the fuses in the 3 main boxes. Does anyone know if there is a hidden fuse somewhere or a relay that could be at fault?.
All the illumination on the main instrument cluster is working.
1997 model.
Last edited by Acehi41 on 11 Aug 2017, 08:47, edited 1 time in total.

pipdel

Re: Heater control illumination

Postby pipdel » 03 Aug 2017, 17:44

Hi,
I've just joined up.
I have had my 96 Granvia for 5 years and have never had an illuminated heater control - just assumed that, that's how they are made?
The easiest fix is to buy a cheap pound shop type torch (only about one to two inch long and slim as little finger) with a small clamp like fitting. (I think they are meant to be a reading light for clipping to a book) Clip the clamp onto the vent just above heater control and point torch where required - switch on when required.
I have just had the heater control panel out of mine for another job (another posting to come - heater matrix!!), and there are 3 multi plugs that plug into the rear of the unit- there is no sign of socket for a lamp/bulb.
Phil

Mort

Postby Mort » 05 Aug 2017, 11:05

Hi Pipdel,
welcome to the forum!

How easy is it to remove the control panel? Mine works but he display is playing up (random unreadable symbols) and there is a s/h unit on Ebay that I thought I'd try swapping out.

Mort

Postby Mort » 07 Aug 2017, 19:47

Worked out how to remove the control panel surround, remove two screws behind the ashtray and it pops off - not difficult!

Acehi41

Postby Acehi41 » 11 Aug 2017, 08:46

[quote="Acehi41"]Night time illumination on the heater control is no longer working that includes the hazard switch, ECT switch and clock, I have checked all the fuses in the 3 main boxes. Does anyone know if there is a hidden fuse somewhere or a relay that could be at fault?.
All the illumination on the main instrument cluster is working.
1997 model.

Update:- Must have been a bad connection with one of the multi plugs on the back of the pannel, all the bulbs are now working.
heater.jpg
heater.jpg (5.13 MiB) Viewed 72 times

Return to “how do i”